Our 60’s vintage walkout ranch home, found at 18225 Hermitage Way, Minnetonka, has undergone an extensive renovation.
Although our original plan was to showcase this at this Spring’s Remodeler’s Showcase, due to its cancellation, we are open to showing it to you, personally, at any time.This home is a typical 1960 California Ranch style home, with a walkout lower level, and a south facing view. Although very well built this home was dated and neglected. It was built in an era where many homes were built as an accumulation of boxy rooms – each with a different function – put together and connected by corridors. Fortunately, we don’t live this way anymore. We prefer spaces that are multi-functional, spacious and bright. To achieve this updated and multi-functional use and look we were able to do the following:
- Flat ceilings were removed, and custom beams and a vaulted ceiling were incorporated to create more space and drama in the living area;
- The entry was enlarged to be more inviting and elegant;
- The kitchen space is now open to the living area, allowing for easy entertaining;
- By combining smoked-cherry stain and painted cabinetry together, we were able to marry brightness with the warmth of wood;
- The lower level has been opened-up to be a bright, spacious area for entertaining guests or for teenagers to hang out with their friends;
- Painted trim and doors are designed to lighten and brighten the spaces while being sympathetic to the minimalist, mid-century motif;
- Finally, we integrated colors and textures that are transitional and modern for today’s taste and design.
We’re excited to show this beautiful transformed home to YOU! Please give us a call to set up an appointment. 952-475-2097
Google maps link